Sunday, January 30, 2011

A Lamp Redo

I have seen lamps with flowers and I thought it would be really cute in my daughters room.  She had broken and drawn on two previous lamp shades so the one that was on her lamp was the wrong size.  I let her pick the color of flowers (I was thinking pink) and she chose blue.  I bought hydrangea flowers at Michaels.  Here are a couple of pictures of all the before parts.

The lamp
The flowers, plucked from the stems
And here is the finished lamp!
I hot glued the flowers to the shade (one of the ones she had previously colored on) and my daughter decided not to have any extra pearls, beads, or jewels.  Although blue is not the color I would have chosen i think it turned out pretty good.  My daughter loves it and that is what is important.


No comments:

Post a Comment